ADSM-L

Re: TSM 3.7 assigns new filespace names?

2001-03-19 15:43:52
Subject: Re: TSM 3.7 assigns new filespace names?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:44:26 -0500
>The trouble is, I can't find any way to access the old files with the same
>path name that were stored under "/" filespace. I have tried (as per the
>ADSM Concepts manual) using many combinations of curly brackets (e.g.
>"{/xx/xx}/yyy") and/or wildcards with no success. I cannot get anything to
>show up except archives performed since the upgrade.

Rik - When using the braces from the Unix command line, be sure to quote
      the amalgam so that the Unix shell does not absorb and try to process
those special shell characters such that the TSM client command line program
does not get them; or enter the brace-encoded filespec under the interactive
mode of the command line client.  If that doesn't work, then it would seem
like a client defect.

  Richard Sims, BU