ADSM-L

Re: Now ADSM has Restore problems

2001-03-19 11:05:42
Subject: Re: Now ADSM has Restore problems
From: Robert L King <bobking AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:05:57 -0500
This is a SQL Server restriction. The code page and sort order of the
restoring database must be the same as the current database. With SQL
Server 7.0, this means the restoring database must match the SQL server's
code page and sort order.

Either the sort order of the SQL server was changed since the backup was
taken or the backup was made from a different SQL server. If the former, if
your SQL server is 7.0 you should recreate the SQL server with the original
sort order (52). If you can't do that you will have to use or create
another SQL server with the original sort order (52), restore the database
to that server, and then use SQL DTS or another SQL method to get the data
to the new SQL server.

SQL Server 2000 allows a database's sort order to be different from the
server's. In that case you can delete from the SQL server the database to
be restored.

Bob King    IBM Global Services
bobking AT us.ibm DOT com

> After this weeks recovery, I'm trying to do a restore from one ADSM SQL
> connect agent for a database. Everything goes fine upto the point of
> mounting the Volume and then ADSM errors out with the following error:
The