ADSM-L

Re: SAN - Solaris

2001-03-15 18:56:43
Subject: Re: SAN - Solaris
From: Adolph Kahan <akahan AT ICA DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:57:07 -0500
Alexandre, IBM will not be certifying these cards to work with TAPE as these
cards do not support FC-TAPE. You need to get a card that supports FC-TAPE.
JNI has a new level of card coming out this month with FC-TAPE support, but
they have yet to receive certification from IBM. You should be able to
access the drives without FC-TAPE support, but error recovery might not work
correctly.

Now you could be seeing the drives twice, because you have two paths and you
will see the same device over each path. I'm not a SAN expert, but I believe
that this can be resolved by using ZONING.

Adolph