ADSM-L

Re: Backup Sets

2001-03-15 08:18:23
Subject: Re: Backup Sets
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:16:40 -0500
Hi Joerg & *SMers,

What would be a sample syntax of the partial restore command?  I have since
tried restoring a client via command line and can only restore the FULL
Restore.
Here is what I am typing to try to get one file restored from the backup
set:

BACKUPSET=BKSETTAPE.43448461
CLIENT=ADSMTST

TSM>restore backupset bksettape.43448461 sourcefilespec c:
\winnt\cookies\mm2048.dat

I have also tried:

TSM>restore backupset bksettape.43448461 sourcefilespec \\adsmtst\c
$\winnt\cookies\mm2048.dat

do I have to type "sourcefilespec"?

ALSO:
If I wanted to restore the entire cookies directory, what would the syntax
be? (...cookies\    or ..cookies\*   or ..cookies\...\*  )

Any help would be appreciated.

Marc Levitan
Senior LAN Engineer
PFPC Global Fund Services

                    Joerg
                    Pohlmann/CanW        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    est/IBM              cc:
                    <jpohlman@CA.        Subject:     Re: Backup Sets
                    IBM.COM>
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    03/14/2001
                    05:40 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Marc, see my previous append - you CAN restore an individual file using the
CLI (NOT the GUI nor the Web Client). You are correct in that you can
generate a backupset and specify the filespace(s) you want to have included
in the backup set.

Joerg Pohlmann

Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2001-03-14
05:00:34