ADSM-L

TSM 4.1.1, WinNT 4.0 SP6a, San Data Gateway, and IBM 3584 LTO Lib rary

2001-03-14 12:57:56
Subject: TSM 4.1.1, WinNT 4.0 SP6a, San Data Gateway, and IBM 3584 LTO Lib rary
From: "Volovsek, Jay" <Volovsek.Jay AT MBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 11:44:31 -0600
Hello all.  I was wondering if anyone had this configuration?  I am running
TSM 4.1.1 on a Netfinity 6000R with NT4SP6a.  The server is connected to a
FC Fabric consisting of an IBM 2109-S16 FC Switch.  This then connects via
longwave fibre to a SDG 2108-G07.  Finally we get to attach the 4 tape
drives to the gateway.

My problem is this:  I have four tape drives and NT sees four libraries.  I
know its a problem with either the SDG or NT driver levels.  Here are some
specifics about firmware/driver levels

3584 Library NT Drivers: 1.1.7.6
3584 Firmware: 1200
Qlogic 2200 Firmware: 2.1.16
Qlogic 2200 NT Driver: 7.05.05 NT4 IP
Qlogic Bios: 1.61
SDG Firmware: 0341.31
FC Switch Firmware: 2.1.7

Please let me know if anyone can help me get my TSM server to see 1 library
with 4 drives.

Thanks much,

Jay Volovsek
Miller Brewing Company