ADSM-L

Re: Missing MAC Headers after upgrading to Tivoli

2001-03-12 17:05:07
Subject: Re: Missing MAC Headers after upgrading to Tivoli
From: Kim McCubbin <kimjm AT PUBPRESS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:08:00 -0500
I did a trace for Tivoli Support and they were able to recreate the problem
there. They are opening an APAR and suggested that I use the command line from
the ADSM 3.1.08 client to restore the files  for now. They are supposed to call
back tomorrow with more details. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Thanks,

Kim McCubbin

>>> JohnMonahan AT LIBERTYDIVERSIFIED DOT COM 03/12/01 04:40PM >>>
I have been backing up Mac files on NT servers since the ADSM 3.1 days.
This has been one of those problems that has been fixed and resurfaced
many times throughout my upgrade processes.  I am currently at 4.1.2 and
the recent problems with that client code also affected many of my Mac
files, but all things are now fixed again with 4.1.2.12.  The cycle seems
neverending.

In my experience, this really depends on the version of client code that
resides on the box with the Mac files.  Once I reached the 3.7 levels,
just changing client levels either fixed or broke the ability to backup
Mac files correctly.  I didn't record specific code levels or combinations
that did or didn't work correctly, so I can't help much with your levels.
I would try changing to a different client code level on the box with the
Mac files and also make sure you have the "useunicodef yes" in your
client's options files.

    John Monahan
    Network Team Coordinator
    Liberty Diversified Industries
    (763) 536-6677

Kim McCubbin <kimjm AT PUBPRESS DOT COM>
03/12/01 08:38 AM