ADSM-L

Re: Unable to read and eject tape.

2001-03-11 07:19:39
Subject: Re: Unable to read and eject tape.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 07:20:13 -0500
>I have four drives (3590) in ATLS which is connected to ADSM server
>(3.1.2.40) on NT,  the drive
>unable to read and eject tape with this error (ANR8302E I/O error on drive
>DRIVEx (mt0.0.6) (OP=OFFL, CC=404, Key=03, ASC=31, ASCQ=00, .... and then
>series of zeros and letters .....
>
>And, one day, one drive with this error,  then another day, another drive
>and the one with error become fine after ejecting the tape manually.
>
>I don't know if the problem is the media, but this error came out with
>different media on the drive.

You didn't say what kind of 3590 drives or tapes you are trying to use,
or the microcode or device driver levels, which may be a factor.
The Messages manual guides you through fact-finding... CC=404 talks of
media incompatibility; Key=03 is a media error; ASC=31 is media format
corrupted.  Are you like trying to use K cartridges in a 3590B drive?
If this just started happening, look for media, microcode, hardware,
device driver, or other changes in your environment to incite this.
You may have to confer with your hardware support people.

  Richard Sims, BU