ADSM-L

cache migrated files

2001-03-09 15:32:42
Subject: cache migrated files
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:32:52 -0800
I'm hoping I did this correctly but need to ask. I have a disk pool that I
want some data to remain on for the sake of it being readily available
without mounting multiple tapes. This is just directory information if
anyone is curious. I defined the pool, and set cache migrated files=yes. I
do need to make sure this data is put in the offsite pool as well, and to a
tape pool that remains in the library for backup purposes. The disk pool is
set to migrate, but with set cache files=yes, I'm assuming it will remain on
disk as well as be copied to onsite and offsite pools...I did define that
too...properly I hope....

I was sure the percent used yesterday was 0.7 but at the moment I see it's
0.5 after the migration finished. Not sure why this happened yet but maybe
someone could shed some light. Is there a way I can compare what is on the
tape to what's on the disk pool?

Is my assumption correct or will it make me the other part of *ass*umption?

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group