ADSM-L

Archive of file lists

2001-03-09 14:52:16
Subject: Archive of file lists
From: Jim Taylor <jtaylor AT ENLOGIX DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:47:49 -0800
Presently, we have scripts that break our DB into x groups of files.  A dsmc
arch command is issued against each file in the group one at a time.  We are
therefore using x streams of dsmc arch commands to archive the db.

This seems like a lot of overhead, spawning a separate dsmc session per
file.

QUESTION:  Is there a way to pass a file list to the dsmc arch command in
place of the file spec?  I know that I can issue the file names separated by
commas, however I run into a problem with the length of the command.

Any help would be appreciated.