ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.1 and TDP Notes

2001-03-06 10:50:28
Subject: Re: TSM 4.1 and TDP Notes
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:51:01 -0500
> We are just about to upgrade our ADSM server to TSM 4.1.  That is
expected
> within two weeks.
>
> When we go "live" with the TSM 4.1 server, do we need to have our Notes
4.x
> servers running TDP for Notes immediately?  Or can we leave the "Notes
> Agent" on the Notes servers for a while so we can test our implementation
> of TDP/Notes and TDP/Domino in our lab, connecting to the production TSM
> server?

*** TDP for Domino requires the new funtionality Transaction Logging of
Notes 5
*** aka Domino. AKAIK you cannot use it with Notes 4.
*** --
*** Joerg Nouvertne
***... who still runs ADSM 3.1, but who will take the new adventure TSM 4.1
soon.

Just to make it clear... TDP for Domino can take advantage of the
new transaction logging in Domino R5 but it does not require it to be
turned on
in order to run full backups.  It only requires that you turn on archival
transaction logging if you want to back up the changes to your databases
each night (by just backing up the transaction logs.) So, even if you are
not taking full advantage of the transaction logging introduced in
Domino R5, you can still use TDP for Domino to protect your data.

Check this out for more details:

   http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/data_protect_domino/index.html

Thanks,

Del