ADSM-L

Re: capture output from prescheduled command

2001-03-06 08:49:00
Subject: Re: capture output from prescheduled command
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:53:39 -0600
Yes, I have tried that too..

this is the dsm_sel.opt files (without inclexcl statements)

tcpserveradd   10.1.1.1
COMMMethod        TCPip
TCPPort           1500
TCPWindowsize     63
TCPBuffSize       32
NODename          sclngwy3_tdp
COMPRESSIon       on
PASSWORDAccess    Generate
PREschedulecmd    "c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\compact.cmd"
*POSTschedulecmd "sapbunot"
schedlogname   "c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\sched.log"
errorlogname    "c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\error.log"
SCHEDLOGRetention     14
SCHEDMODE PROMPTED
TCPCLIENTADDRESS 10.10.1.158
TCPCLIENTPORT         1502

this is the presched command  "c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\compact.cmd"

d:\domino\ncompact.exe -n 10 > c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\compact.log

and it doesn work with >>, either.

|--------+--------------------------->
|        |          Michel Engels    |
|        |          <Michel.Engels@DE|
|        |          VOTEAM.BE>       |
|        |                           |
|        |          03/06/2001 02:39 |
|        |          AM               |
|        |          Please respond to|
|        |          "ADSM: Dist Stor |
|        |          Manager"         |
|        |                           |
|--------+--------------------------->
  |       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

  |       cc:     (bcc: Lisa Cabanas/SC/MODOT)                                 |
  |       Subject:     Re: capture output from prescheduled command            |

Did you try the following:
Create a bat script for example c:\scripts\presched.bat specifying the following
command:

d:\domino\ncompact.exe -B 10 >> c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\compact.log

and executing the c:\scripts\presched.bat as prescheduled command.

Michel

Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MAIL.MODOT.STATE.MO DOT US> on 03/05/2001 09:48:08 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:    (bcc: Michel Engels/BE/Devoteam)

Subject:  capture output from prescheduled command

I am trying to figure out how to capture the output of an ncompact.exe -B
command (a Domino server command that reassigns new DBIIDs to the compacted
databases) that is run as a prescheduled command in a special dsm_sel.opt.  The
scheduler picks up the schedule, and the selective TDP backup occurs, (and says
it is using the c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\dsm_sel.opt)  but I can not tell
whether the compact was successful.

I have tried putting the statement in the dsm_sel.opt file

preschedcommand d:\domino\ncompact.exe -B 10 >>
c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\domino\compact.log
with all sorts of variations of where the quotes are-- no out put.

I have also tried putting these commands into another command file that is
called by the prescheduled command, and no go on it, either.

Has anyone done this?

thanks!!
lisa