ADSM-L

Re: Win2000 system objects

2001-03-05 23:20:43
Subject: Re: Win2000 system objects
From: "Short, Anne" <anne.short AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:21:34 -0500
I opened a PMR with Tivoli for this very same problem.  I was told "working
as designed".  If you peruse the dsmsched.log, you will see that all the
different pieces of the system object are getting successfully backed up.  I
honestly can't remember the reasoning I was given by Tivoli support that
explained this as working as designed...but at the time it seemed to make
sense, though I disagree that this is not a problem with this version of the
client.  To report that something is not getting backed up when it clearly
is, should be considered a problem and not a design change!

Anne Short
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Gaithersburg, Maryland
301-240-6184
CODA/I Storage Management