ADSM-L

Re: How to find out what tape's a client data are on ?

2001-03-04 22:30:27
Subject: Re: How to find out what tape's a client data are on ?
From: "Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:30:49 +1300
Andy Raibeck:
> Either way, I'm pretty sure that DISTINCT is supposed to
> account for distinct rows in their entirety, and not just certain columns.
> I'll have to look into this.

That's what I thought too.  My guess would be something to do with the SQL
interface not being direct to the database - something going missing in the
translation.

Anyway, it's good to know I'm not going mad.  :-)

In case you need to know, the system that produces these results is 3.7.4 on
Solaris, recently upgraded from an earlier 3.7 release.