ADSM-L

dsmc does not unload

2001-03-02 16:47:37
Subject: dsmc does not unload
From: LYNN HAMILTON <LYNN.HAMILTON AT SELECTIVE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:29:00 -0500
--- Received from SIG.HAMILTL LYNN HAMILTON                  03/02/01  429p
29p

I am experiencing a problem with the TSM v.4.1 client loaded on Novell 4.11
and 4.2 servers.  We cancel active backup sessions each morning at 6:00am
and then unload dsmc.nlm on the Novell server, however, the nlm does not
completely unload and I lose the server prompt on the Novell server.  The
Novell server still functions except that we can not reload dsmc sched.

Has anyone experienced this problem?  I have contacted Tivoli support and
they referred me to the Novell Web site for a "CPU Hog" fix, but I did not
find anything that referred to TSM.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
lynn.hamilton AT selective DOT com