ADSM-L

New server

2001-03-01 14:11:58
Subject: New server
From: "Stephen A. Cochran" <Stephen.A.Cochran AT CAHIR DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:43:50 EST
I'm new to adsm, and I'm getting ready to set up a new server. We have received
a 96 tape robot library, and I need to order the server to drive it.

The server and library will be used for backing up unix workstations for staff
and faculty. I plan to use both backup and archiving on the server.

I'm planning on getting an RS6000 H50, but I was looking for any input on the
best config with reguards to RAM, HD space, and number of processors. I'm not
too familar with IBM hardware, so any input would be appriciated.

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College