ADSM-L

Re: ATTN: All Windows 4.1.2 Client Users

2001-03-01 13:03:27
Subject: Re: ATTN: All Windows 4.1.2 Client Users
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:02:42 -0800
QUESTION: Do you have possible eta on the fixtest for Windows 4.1.2 Client?

ANSWER: Good question!

We hope to have the fix available by some time next week at the very
latest. Currently things are looking very good, and it may even be
available by some time tomorrow (no guarantees, though!). A follow-up
posting will be made when the fix is available.

FYI, it is not the coding that is the tricky part; that was relatively
easy. Rather, the bulk of the effort has gone into testing. We have been
making every effort to perform comprehensive testing of the fix on all of
our supported language environments to ensure that (1) we have indeed
correctly addressed the problem, (2) we do not introduce any new problems,
and (3) we do not regress any prior fixes (for example, we would *not* want
to re-introduce the Daylight Savings Time problem, so we need to test that
as well.

While we very much desire to produce as timely a fix as possible, we do not
want to be in such a hurry to get it out the door that we overlook
something else. The most important criterion is quality, not time (although
time is also very important).

Thank you,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM/Tivoli
e-mail: andrew.raibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."