ADSM-L

Re: wrong management class

2001-02-28 10:38:40
Subject: Re: wrong management class
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:38:45 -0800
>we have a policy set in which two management classes are
>activated, one of them
>is the default
>management class. When we do a backup of a client for most of
>the directorys the
>default management
>classs is used, but for some the other.
>Has anyone an idea what the problem might be?

Most likely one management class has a longer retention period than the
other. In this case the "directory information", not files, is bound to the
management class with the longest retention period. The files bound to the
other. I found this myself when I had files going to a different storage
pool. You can change this by using the dirmc option in the dsm.opt.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group