ADSM-L

Re: Excessive mount failures on 3494 ATL

2001-02-26 15:46:26
Subject: Re: Excessive mount failures on 3494 ATL
From: William Boyer <wboyer AT PTD DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:46:25 -0500
Be carefull with the UPD DRIVE command and 3494 libraries. There is an APAR
(can't remember the number) that if you DO NOT supply the DEV= parameter on
the UPD DRIVE command, it will make that drive unavailable until you either
delete/define it again, or stop/start TSM. If you do a SHOW LIBRARY you
should see a section under each drive like:

349X-specific fields:
  devNo=5329216, isScsi=1
  last dismounted volume

If you don't, ya got bit! I did. Right now my CE is pissed at me. I had him
checking out the drives, SCSI cables, library, and it turned out to be a
software problem. I won't hear the end of this one! :-)

I would do a Q DRIVE to see what TSM thinks the status is, then a SHOW
LIBRARY to make sure all the information is there. Check the activity log
for any message and check out the recommendations from Richard Simms in his
reply.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.