ADSM-L

Antwort: IBM/Tivoli Hardware Announcement 101-020 and Software Announcemen t 201-021

2001-02-24 06:34:22
Subject: Antwort: IBM/Tivoli Hardware Announcement 101-020 and Software Announcemen t 201-021
From: Rolf Meyer <Rolf.Meyer AT SATISFACTORY DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 12:12:25 +0100
Hallo,

     I've the same problem here in Germany. You can buy Tivoli products
only from business partners, not directly from IBM. Support then is
provided by IBM by normal support lines.

I've just migrated from ADSM/MVS, where our OS/390 comfort line contract
was the base of the support, to TSM 4.1 on SUN. Now I had to buy (mo MLC)
the software, have 1 free year of support and then ?????

My opinion is to come back to the old times, where you could buy/license
the software directly from the manufacturer, no people, sometimes with less
knowledge about the product, between and direct contact (sometimes) to the
developers.

Greeting from Hamburg

Rolf Meyer

"Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM> am 23.02.2001 23:41:54

Bitte antworten an "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>