ADSM-L

Problem with Scheduled Backup.

2001-02-22 11:56:27
Subject: Problem with Scheduled Backup.
From: Rajesh Oak <rajeshoak AT LYCOS DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:56:45 -0500
Everyone,

I have TSM 4.1.0 on Windows 2000 Server. The clients are TSM 4.1.2 clients on
Windows 2000 professional. The problem with my backups is:
When I do manual backup using the GUI the amount of data backed up
incrementally is about 9 Megs. When I run a schedule to back it up it backs up
about 230 M of data. What I found out was that it backs up many folders like
c:\Winnt\system32 folder everytime I run a schedule even though nothing changes
on these folders or files. I will eventually have more than a 1000 clients
which will create a network bottleneck with the amount of data that would be
sent over the network.
If anyone has a solution for this problem please send me a mail.

Regards,

Rajesh Oak

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html