ADSM-L

Volume unavailable after DRM processing

2001-02-19 12:38:10
Subject: Volume unavailable after DRM processing
From: "Brazner, Bob" <Bob.Brazner AT JCI DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:38:33 -0600
We've just upgraded to TSM 4.1.2.0 on AIX 4.3.3 with 3494 ATL.  During
daily DRM processing I've seen the following happen several times now: A
tape will be successfully moved to vault status, but then approx 20 seconds
later, some TSM process wants the tape checked in.  We don't check it in,
so after a few minutes, TSM marks it as unavailable.  The only thing in
common to these tapes is they are in "filling" status.  Could this be due
to a timing fault whereby DRM is not updating the database soon enough and
other TSM processes think the volume is still available?  Do I need to do
anything special other than update volume acc=offsite to make sure the
volume properly completes its stay in DRM?

Bob Brazner
Johnson Controls, Inc.
(414) 524-2570