ADSM-L

Re: Delete single file

2001-02-19 10:29:38
Subject: Re: Delete single file
From: Othonas Xixis <othonas AT BELLSOUTH DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:30:05 -0500
Have you try to exclude the file ?
In the dsm.sys file (AIX example):
Inclexcl           /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.txt
In the inclexcl.txt file:
exclude /filesystem/directory/filename.ext
That will take care yr problem in the next backup and the next expire
inventory process.

There is a way to digg in the TSM database and delete the file, but is very
sensitive and easy to destroy yr database integrity... and at the end of the
day is not going to help you much, if the next night you back it up again,
so you have to deal with the root case of yr problem, just don't back it up.

Cheers.

Othonas