ADSM-L

Re: deleting copypool tapes.

2001-02-16 19:44:18
Subject: Re: deleting copypool tapes.
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:33:16 -0800
I see a lot of posts on this message.  I had to add one.

You saw the benefit of collocating the offsite pool for a DR test.  Yet if
you had a real DR you don't need that same benefit.  I hope you didn't set
any expectations at your test.  You may now have users that think you would
be able to recover much quicker should a real DR happen.

I'm not a big proponent of collocating all the offsite pools.  I do think
that critical nodes (ones that need to be up within a few hours) have their
data copied to collocated copy pools.  I can tell you that tape contention
at a DR site can bring restores to their knees.

Kyle