ADSM-L

Re: HP client

2001-02-16 03:15:51
Subject: Re: HP client
From: Thierry ITTY <thierry.itty AT BESANCON DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 03:15:51 -0500
A 15:13 15/02/2001 -0800, vous avez écrit :
>My experience with ADSM is with AIX server and clients only.  Our ADSM
>server 3.1.2.50 for AIX 4.3.3.
>We want to start backing up an HP 9000/800  D350 2way, it is running HP-UX
>10.20, Oracle 7.3.4.
>DB and vault files are about 62GB.
> q lic shows that we have available client licenses.  Can I just download
>the HP client, and start using it?

yes

>Are there any special considerations for an HP client?

no

just one thing
adsm 3.1 is no more supported
you have to crawl a bit to find the correct client
i think a lot of recent messages told about locations where to search

the client comes as a Z compressed depot
follow included instructions to sw-install it

hth
Mes idees n'engagent que moi (vieux proverbe du Net)

Thierry ITTY
eMail : Thierry.Itty AT Besancon DOT org               FRANCE