ADSM-L

Re: Tivoli response time to PMR

2001-02-14 12:05:46
Subject: Re: Tivoli response time to PMR
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:05:39 -0500
> I recently used a feedback page to report a problem on the "end of
> currency" web page
>
>       http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/tivolieoc.html
>
> Just a few minutes later I had a response and an hour or so later a
> response that stated:
>
>     Thanks for calling this to our attention.  I'll forward a fix to
>     the Web Team.
>
> Astounding!
>
> Of course, it's about a week later, and the web page still points an intel
> windows unfortunate to the alpha PTF and ftp site :-(

IBM mailed me a desk calendar with a storage technology fact per day. The page
for February 14 invites me to take part in the Storage Solutions 2001 Contest
day and gives a URL. The URL points to a page that informs me that I am a bit
early and invites me to come back on February 14, 2001. This episode and the
one described in the quotation above really make me wonder about those
television commercials touting IBM products and services as the solution to
problems businesses are having with their Web sites.