ADSM-L

Re: Netware Client: Decompress Data before Backup?

2001-02-14 10:58:02
Subject: Re: Netware Client: Decompress Data before Backup?
From: "Forgosh, Seth" <sforgosh AT TIAA-CREF DOT ORG>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 10:52:23 -0500
We had exactly the same problem. As I understand it, this is a function of
the TSAs and can be implemented in the backup software. Unfortunately TSM
does not allow for backing up the files in a decompressed state. However, I
would think that you would still need enough free space to do the decompress
for backup. We wound up cleaning up the volumes of all junk and then doing a
virus scan to decompress the remaining files. Be sure to disable compression
before running the scan.
Seth Forgosh