ADSM-L

Db backup tapes

2001-02-08 16:06:59
Subject: Db backup tapes
From: "Braich, Raminder" <raminder.braich AT DAVEY DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:08:15 -0500
Hello
   We are using TSM 4.1 on win 2k. We do not have DRM yet. Now  the TSM db
gets backed up on tape,  and we take that tape offsite. Is there any copy of
that db onsite also. My understanding was that it gets backep up to only one
tape. The tapepool gets backep up to copypool to be shipped offsite. Does
that include TSM db backup tape also? Also I am not able to update the
DbBackup volumes as offsite. How can I do that? Or how can I keep a tab on
what gets shipped offsite having Dbbackup.

Thanks
Raminder Braich
DBA
Davey Tree Expert Company