ADSM-L

Re: Define Drive problems

2001-02-07 13:37:34
Subject: Re: Define Drive problems
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:07:51 -0500
>I've bad IBM onsite changing drives on me without notice and now I've got
>problems. The  swapped a drive from the MVS side that was having problems to
>see if the problem would move. Guess what....it did. This morning they
>swapped it back so I could get my good drive back and now I can't get it
>online.

Geoff - Do 'lsdev -C -l rmt_' and 'lscfg -vl rmt_' in your AIX system
        to compare that drive with your others.
You may have to do a 'cfgmgr' to have AIX see that drive afresh.
Then redefine to TSM.

And talk to your site management about pulling stunts like that
with running production systems.

  Richard Sims, BU