ADSM-L

Define Drive problems

2001-02-07 11:55:48
Subject: Define Drive problems
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 08:57:15 -0800
I've bad IBM onsite changing drives on me without notice and now I've got
problems. The  swapped a drive from the MVS side that was having problems to
see if the problem would move. Guess what....it did. This morning they
swapped it back so I could get my good drive back and now I can't get it
online.

I removed the drive through the web interface because I couldn't get it back
online and tried to redefine it with no luck. I tried to define it through
the command line and can't get it that way either. i get this error.

ANR2017I Administrator GEOFF issued command: DEFINE DRIVE 3494lib rmt4
device=/dev/rmt4
ANR8315E DEFINE DRIVE: The device type of drive RMT4 is not supported in
349X libraries.

ANR2017I Administrator GEOFF issued command: DEFINE DRIVE 3494LIB rmt4
DEVICE=/dev/rmt4 ONLINE=YES
ANR8315E DEFINE DRIVE: The device type of drive RMT4 is not supported in
349X libraries.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong????

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group