ADSM-L

Re: DSMADMC from Visual Basic Shell Function?

2001-02-06 12:51:44
Subject: Re: DSMADMC from Visual Basic Shell Function?
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 12:53:05 -0500
The pro version of VB comes bundles with Access, yes? You may want to get
Access connected and build your queries, then build your VB interface on top of
that.

>>> ldfletcher AT CAL.AMEREN DOT COM 02/06/01 11:43AM >>>
I'm attempting to write a VB application to monitor the daily ADSM schedule
and to issue several commands throughout the day. My problem is that when I
use the shell command nothing seems to be working. I do not get any errors
but I do not get any output either. The format of the shell command I'm
using is provided below. I have not set any environment variables and plan
on executing the VB application under Windows 2000.

The following should issue the "q fi".

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    x = Shell("C:\Progra~1\IBM\ADSM\saclient\DSMADMC.EXE -id=admin -pa=x
-outfile=c:\cmdout.txt q fi")
-outfile=c:\cmdout.txt q fi")
End Sub
End Sub

The function runs without error but I do not get the -outfile allocated.
Thanks in advance for any input to my problem!

Lee Fletcher
Network Project Integrator
AmerenUE Callaway Plant
ldfletcher AT cal.ameren DOT com