ADSM-L

Installation ERROR client 22088_16_BA

2001-02-06 12:06:38
Subject: Installation ERROR client 22088_16_BA
From: "Janse, JI (Joost)" <J.I.Janse AT RF.RABOBANK DOT NL>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 18:08:15 +0100
Hello,

I'm trying to install a new TSM4.1.1.16 Win32 client on a Windows NT4.0 SP6a
client. After copying the files from the package (22088_16_BA) to the
temporary directory, the installation starts configuring the Windows
Installer. This process end in a "Internal Error 1631" and the client
installation aborts.
On some other NT machines (NT4.0 SP6a) the installation works fine.
I have searched the ADSM search database but couldn't find the Error 1631
message. Also I have removed msiexec entries from the registry and tried the
installation again. Still without any success!

Hopefully some NT/TSM goeroe can point me in the right direction because the
NT folks aren't very enthusiastic about reinstalling the complete system and
we (storage management) are in a situation where TSM has to prove itself.

Thanks in advance,

Joost Janse
j.i.janse AT rf.rabobank DOT nl
Rabobank ICT
The Netherlands

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.