ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: Re: DB2/2 Backup and Policy

2001-02-06 08:48:01
Subject: Re: Antwort: Re: DB2/2 Backup and Policy
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:49:35 -0500
Gerhard (I couldn't send direct to your address, so sending via the list)

Yes, the db2adutl.exe command is the one he needs to run.  There are
parameters to determine how many versions to keep active.  Once a backup is
marked inactive, and Expire Inventory is run, you'll get the space back.  I
had a similar situation, and when we fixed it, we emptied over 150 3590B
tapes!  If I can come across the command, I'll forward it to you, but the
DB2 DBA's should be able to find it in their documentation.

All of the SHOW commands are undocumented.  If you search back through the
archive of the list at www.adsm.org, there was a posting of all the
commands and what they did.  They are meant for TSM support to use to help
diagnose problems, but most of them have good uses to us users, too.

And yes, the SHOW VERSIONS output you have shows the backups bound to the
right management class, so your DBA has that part right.  If EXPIRE
INVENTORY has run, you may see the inactive version disappear (It may take
until tomorrow, as your Retain Last value is set to 1, I believe).

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

"I'm one cookie away from happy." - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)

Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT debis DOT at (Gerhard Wolkerstorfer) on 02/06/2001
03:28:17 AM