ADSM-L

Re: tape mount retention behaviour

2001-02-05 20:19:51
Subject: Re: tape mount retention behaviour
From: "Kent J. Monthei" <Kent_J_Monthei AT SBPHRD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:19:34 -0500
We also use ADSM 3.1.2.20 (for Solaris) with IBM 3494 Libraries and have
observed behavior consistent with that described by Joseph in the original email
an idle mount will be immediately dismounted if/when there is another mount
pending and no other drive is available.  However, we also recently dropped the
mount retention from the default 60 minutes down to just 5 minutes.

Under what scenarios (or rationale) does it make sense to force tapes to remain
mounted more than 5 minutes after a client backup session has completed?

-Kent M., GSK
joelf AT cac.washington DOT edu on 05-Feb-2001 19:57
joelf AT cac.washington DOT edu on 05-Feb-2001 19:57

Please respond to ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu