ADSM-L

Sun Clustering

2001-02-05 19:51:21
Subject: Sun Clustering
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:55:46 +1000
Hi All

I'm running TSM to backup files in a Veritas Cluster running on Suns - Just
test at the moment.

The Test cluster is two machines and there are two apps which can independently
failover to either machine.
Ok so I'm running 4 schedule clients
machinea runs only on machinea
machineb runs only on machineb
appa runs wherever its app  is
appb runs wherever its app is

The dsm.sys is duplicated across the two machines and contains stanzas for each
client
Each app client has its own TSM directory on disk that fails over.  This
contains an opt file, start and stop scripts and dsmerror.log and dsmsched.log.

The problem is that on suns, the encrypted password is placed into /etc/adsm
It seems that the encrypted password contains some host dependency as they
differ between machines.

This setup means that when the password changes, I have to perform an
application swapover just to encrypt the password on the other machine in the
cluster - which is not acceptable in a production environment.

Is anyone aware of any way around this limitation?

Client  3.7.0.0 Solaris 2.6
Server 3.1.2.40 AIX 4.3.2

Steve Harris
AIX and ADSM Adminstrator