ADSM-L

Re: decision support odbc driver for db2?

2001-02-05 11:42:12
Subject: Re: decision support odbc driver for db2?
From: "Mark S." <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:41:44 -0600
Gerald Wichmann wrote:
> That's not true. TDS 2.1 Includes an install options for "Tivoli 3.11 ODBC
> drivers". It includes drivers for Oracle, Informix, Sybase, and MSSQL. No
> DB2. So my question still stands. I have DB2 installed on an AIX box. I do
> not have an NT ODBC driver for the TDS box. IBM's site is so convoluted I
> can't find one there either. If anyone knows I'd appreciate some help! thx

While you are correct that TDS contains those drivers, Tivoli support
told me not to use them--they're rather old. You're probably *way*
better off putting the database on the same box as TDS, which means
installing DB2 for NT. That's how I got TDS running.[1]

[1] Running is a misnomer. TDS limped badly on bloody stumps for a
while; it is definitely *not* a trivial install. I also got it running
with SQL Server, which is actually the easiest database engine to deal
with.

--
Mark Stapleton (stapleto AT berbee DOT com)
Mark Stapleton (stapleto AT berbee DOT com)