ADSM-L

TCP/IP and SNSTCP driver reconnect

2001-02-05 04:05:20
Subject: TCP/IP and SNSTCP driver reconnect
From: Moodley Desigan * Datavia <DesiganM AT DATAVIA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:59:30 +0200
Hi list members

We're running TSM v3.7.2 on OS/390 v2.9 with two communications drivers (IBM
TCP/IP v2.9 and Interlink TCPAccess SNSTCP v5.2). During the networks
maintenance slot, both TCP/IP and SNSTCP are bounced. TSM reports the loss
of the connections to these drivers as follows:
ANR5093E Unable to establish TCP connection - accept error.
ANR5093E Unable to establish TCP connection - accept error.
for the SNSTCP driver and:
ANR5099E Unable to initialize TCP/IP driver - error binding acceptor socket
0
ANR5099E (rc &eq; 0).

ANR5099E Unable to initialize TCP/IP driver - error binding acceptor socket
0
ANR5099E (rc &eq; 0).

for the TCP/IP driver.
A little while later, after TCP/IP comes up, it reconnects and displays:
ANR5090I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.
ANR5140I HTTP (IBM) communications is listening for clients on port 1580.
However, it does not reconnect the SNSTCP driver, our only solution is to
bounce TSM. Is there a way of forcing TSM to retry SNSTCP driver until it
reconnects instead of bouncing TSM?

Thanks in advance,

Des
Arivia.kom