ADSM-L

Re: Is anyone using TDP for MS Exchange?

2001-01-31 17:27:37
Subject: Re: Is anyone using TDP for MS Exchange?
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 16:29:17 -0600
We use it.

Works great.  Some people complain that you cannot do an individual mailbox
restore with the product (must restore entire IS to recovery server, then
export mailbox), but we don't find that to be a problem.  We have a "Hot
Spare" recovery server for Exchange anyway, so it is setup to be able to do
a mailbox restore if required.  This also gives us a good chance to exercise
the recovery procedures!

Excellent TSM help provided by Del Hoobler on this list.

Support for Exchange 2000 available March 30, 2001 (see
http://www.ibmlink.ibm.com/usalets).

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg