ADSM-L

Archive command filespec

2001-01-31 14:59:35
Subject: Archive command filespec
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:01:14 -0500
>dsmc archive /apps/mfgdata/swprod1/*.* > /usr/ownlog/archiveswprod1
>
>ANS1102E Excessive number of command line arguments passed to the program!

Henrik - Interesting.  The client manual description of the Archive command
         specifies no limit to the number of files that may be given on the
command line; but the message description says that no more than 20 may
appear.  (I'll report this discrepancy to the documentation people.)

Your asterisks were out in the open, so were expanded by the shell.
Try quoting the filespec such that TSM expands the wildcard characters
itself.

   Richard Sims, BU