ADSM-L

SUN tsm and 3494lib

2001-01-31 14:31:32
Subject: SUN tsm and 3494lib
From: "<James> <healy>" <James.Healy2 AT AXACS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:33:11 -0500
Can anyone tell me how to verify that the proper drivers are loaded on a
sun box ... I'm trying to do a new  TSM Server install without much help
from my Sun Admins and I have next ot no Solaris experience. I've defined
the library and now I'm trying to define the drives.
I've read the doc about doing the define drive.
This is what the devices look like in my /dev/rmt directory
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         57 Nov 10 14:07 1stcn ->
../../devices/sbu
s@5d,0/QLGC,isp@0,10000/IBMtape@0,0:stcn
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         57 Nov 10 14:07 2stcn ->
../../devices/sbu
s@5d,0/QLGC,isp@0,10000/IBMtape@2,0:stcn

I issue the following command: DEFINE DRIVE 3494LIB rmt1
DEVICE=/dev/rmt/1stcn ONLINE=YES

and I get the following response

ANR8420E DEFINE DRIVE: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive RMT1

I've checked that the devices are physically attached properly.

Am I missing something else?