ADSM-L

restore files

2001-01-31 12:16:10
Subject: restore files
From: Toni Banire <Toni_T_Banire AT SBPHRD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 17:16:33 +0000
I am basically curious to know if anyone out there is experiencing the same
problem as myself.
I have come across a couple of incidents where TSM has not been able to restore
a file it successfully backed up. The last one, see below
PFU3F9' contains one or more unrecognised characters and is not valid.
SBLCS25T7' contains one or more unrecognized characters and is not valid

What I don't get is that if TSM can't recognise these files during the restore
how could it recognise them to do the backup.

Has anyone come across anything like this ever.
I must admit, its very rare. But the fact that it happens is worrying

TIA