ADSM-L

Re: Exchange TDP deleting inactive backups

2001-01-31 08:38:21
Subject: Re: Exchange TDP deleting inactive backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 08:39:39 -0500
Paul,

If you did NOT change management classes, and you activated the
policy set, the next time expiration is run, the inactive
versions should be deleted (as long as VERDELETED is 0.)

But, if you "fixed" this by changing the policy so that
new backups will go to a different management class,
and therefore the "inactivated" backups will stay with the
old management class, then the only way is to wait out the
time limit specified in the RETONLY parameter or
delete the filespace and start from scratch.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler