ADSM-L

Check UDB backup thruput

2001-01-31 01:59:16
Subject: Check UDB backup thruput
From: Peng Yong Goh <gohpy AT MY.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:44:44 +0800
Hi,

I am using UDB EEE V6 on SP2 and TSM for backing the UDB database on 3590 E
model drives. UDB backup is invoked using DB2 utilities which transfer the
data to Tivoli STorage manager to write to tape. The UDB backup is very
slow compare to normal file backup. It seem to indicate that the interface
program provided by UDB EEE is the bottleneck.

I've searched the TSM activity log before and it does not give me any
information on the amount of data received/transfer.  All it says is
started and ended for each UDB backup process.  The amount of data
received/transfered only shows in the activity log when we do file system
backup.  But not for UDB backup.

Is there any other way whereby I could tell the amount of data transfered
and thruput for UDB EEE on SP2 backup?

Regards,
Goh