ADSM-L

Re: Converting TSM Platforms

2001-01-30 19:58:25
Subject: Re: Converting TSM Platforms
From: "Williams, Tim" <Tim.Williams AT FRITOLAY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:59:27 -0600
        Hi. I'd try....to 1, upgrade on your existing machine....TSM to the
higher level...
        on the new node have TSM installed (at the higher level)....
        disable sessions (on the day of the move)
        on the day of the move...move all your disk data to tape (should be
a daily process....)
        backup the db on the old node...
        do the physical move of disk...tape drives...
        (try to keep your node the same, due to 3494
customization...(there's a node/host entry coupled with an ip address on the
3494
        (who just doesn't allow just anyone to connect...))
        restore the db on the new node...
        I'd make sure that the AIX customization or DNS entries that you use
for backups are
        the same across the move..
        my thoughts..
        Thanks Tim

        Brecton Whitten <bwhitten AT UABMC DOT EDU>
        01/30/2001 06:35 PM
<ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>@SMTP@Exchange