ADSM-L

Total amount of bytes backed up per day for a node

2001-01-30 15:08:14
Subject: Total amount of bytes backed up per day for a node
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:15:44 -0800
OK, SQL Select gurus. I am trying to figure out, using the new summary
table in TSM 3.7, the select statement for how many bytes are backed up per
day for a given node. What I have so far is:

select  cast((end_time)as date) as "Date", sum(bytes) as "Number of Bytes
for Node $1 Backed Up" -
from summary where activity='BACKUP' and days(end_time)-days(start_time)=0
and ENTITY='$1' -
 group by end_time

This is not quite right -  it produces one line for each filespace backed
up for each day for the given node. I want a TOTAL amount for each day for
the node. What do I need to do to modify the select to give me a total, for
a given node, of the number of bytes backed up for that day?
Money is not the root of all evil - full backups are.