ADSM-L

Re: 1GB Buffer Pool Memory

2001-01-30 11:54:39
Subject: Re: 1GB Buffer Pool Memory
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:56:11 -0500
>Has anyone seen strange behviour what the buffer pool memory is greater
>than 1GB?  I normally have mine set to about 800MB, but since I have
>some spare memory, tried 1.2GB.  It runs well for a while, but then
>exhibits strange behaviour.  I enter admin commends, and the headings
>come back and say <UNNAMED> or <UNKNOWN>, messages do not come out
>correctly, I can't start new sessions, etc.  This is fairly repeatable
>behaviour.  I am at 3.7.4.  Thanks.

Andy - I presume you mean the BUFPoolsize.  There is no TSM limit; but
       you need to stay within your system's virtual memory size.
What is that on your system?

Interesting that pushing the value yields flakey behavior instead of
an advisory message or the like.  I presume there was no opsys limit
on the userid which started the server, which may influence the
server's ability to acquire storage...

  Richard Sims, BU