ADSM-L

Re: Netware restore problem

2001-01-30 09:23:16
Subject: Re: Netware restore problem
From: Mearl Danner <jmdanner AT SAMFORD DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:24:17 -0600
Is he backing up from his workstation? If so, all the client sees is a mapped
drive. As far as I know, the file sytem rights of the client platform are
backed up. The TSM client (Windows, I assume) knows nothing about the Novell
trustee rights - except that he can see the files. He thinks he's backing up a
local Windows drive.

IMHO he should not be backing up mapped drives from a workstation. If your
operation is as ours that would be redundant. We do incrementals of our servers
(from the server) every night and all files are backed up with complete trustee
information. If we restore them from the server all the rights will appear the
next time he logs in his workstation.

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001 08:57:24 -0500 Jeff T <tothj AT FAATCRL.TC.FAA DOT GOV>
wrote:

> I have a netware user who wants to use our TSM server for file backup.  I
> gave him the software and he has been tesing it.
>
> He claims that the trustee rights for NDS file objects are not being
> preserved on restore.
> Is there a way to ovecome this?
>
> I have limited netware knowledge so I'm in a bad position here.  What do I
> tell him?
>

>          Jeff Toth
>          FAA

Mearl Danner