ADSM-L

adsm 3.1.2.40 upgrade to tsm 4.1.2

2001-01-29 17:36:08
Subject: adsm 3.1.2.40 upgrade to tsm 4.1.2
From: "Davidson, Becky" <DAVIDSBX AT EGR DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:36:10 -0600
We are planning on upgrading and I want to run a process by y'all to see if
it sounds kosher.  We are running 2 adsm servers on an S7A (aix 4.3.3) we
have 3 filesystems
/usr/lpp/adsmserv        - nothing running out of it (contains executables)
/usr/lpp/adsmsvr2        - running adsmserver2 (contains executables)
/usr/lpp/adsmsvr4        - running adsmserver4 (contains executables)

I think that I can leave adsmsvr2 and adsmsvr4 running and upgrade to tsm
4.1 and then 4.1.2 without affecting the two servers.  Copy the executables
now in /usr/tivoli/tsm/server to /usr/tivoli/tsm/adsmsvr2 and
/usr/tivoli/tsm/adsmsvr4.  Copy all of the configuration files from
/usr/lpp/adsmsvr2 to /usr/tivoli/tsm/adsmsvr2 then shutdown adsmserver2
upgrade it and restart it.  Then do the same with adsmserver4 later.  Does
this pose any obvious glaring problems?
Thanks

Becky Davidson
Data Manager/AIX Administrator