ADSM-L

Re: TSM backingup Netware 5X servers using NSS volumes?

2001-01-26 16:30:48
Subject: Re: TSM backingup Netware 5X servers using NSS volumes?
From: "Forgosh, Seth" <sforgosh AT TIAA-CREF DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:27:31 -0500
We use TSM to backup our NetWare 5.1 server with NSS volumes. We have not
had any problems with doing so. One caveat is that if you backup your 4.x
voumes and there are compressed files on the volume, TSM backs the files up
in the compressed state. Therefore, you can't restore directly to a NSS
volume. If that is how you plan to migrate to NSS, you need to uncompress
all files on the standard volumes first (a virus scan works well) then
backup all files and then you can restore to the NSS volume.

Seth Forgosh