ADSM-L

Re: Netware backups with 4.1.x ... help me ... I'm drowning!!

2001-01-26 08:55:46
Subject: Re: Netware backups with 4.1.x ... help me ... I'm drowning!!
From: Brian Nick <brian_nick AT PHL DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:56:45 -0500
Peter,

 We also had this problem. We are running a TSM 3.7.3 server on OS/390 our
Netware servers work fine as long as we stay 4.11. Here is what our NOS
engineer found.

 " A specific TSANDS is required in order to get the Mainframe to login to
a 5.1 server to perform backups. If I use other than the 9/8/2000 TSANDS
the server will not allow an unattended login''

 As long as we use this TSANDS we do not have the password problem. We
spent several months going back and forth with this and I feel that it is a
Netware issue. I also do not believe that this is platform specific as it
appears to be a client issue.

 Hope this helps and if it does I'll be glad to take you up on the BEER
offer. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

 - Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
Phoenix Home Life Mutual Ins.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian_Nick AT PHL DOT COM
PHONE:   (860)403-2281

                   Peter Hadikin
                   <Peter_Hadiki        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                   n AT BCIT DOT CA>           cc:
                   Sent by:             Subject:     Netware backups with 4.1.x
... help
                   "ADSM: Dist          me ... I'm drowning!!
                   Stor Manager"
                   <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                   RIST.EDU>

                   01/25/2001
                   05:30 PM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   "ADSM: Dist
                   Stor Manager"

Hello group,

I am about ready to give up ... we have upgraded our Netware 5.x servers
to either 4.1.1 or 4.1.2.  It is not a pretty site.  On both our
production NDS tree and our test NDS tree we are experiencing the
following problem.  I have to say I am at a loss.  I see nothing wrong
with the TSM install and config.  The Netware boys assure me I should
have no problems logging into the tree ... yet, here I sit writing this
note.

Once I receive this error message, I am prompted for a login to the tree
and can login successfully with the same id & pw.  I have some some
references to this same problem in past years but nothing recently.
Any, and I mean any suggestions could result in a free set of beers next
time that individual happens to be in the vicinity of Vancouver or I am
in their vicinity ... or, I suppose if we both happen to be in another
vicinity.  Anybody from ADSM/TSM support or developement ... any
thoughts?  As you can tell from my note, I am a poor, rattled and
desperate soul.  Help me!

Oh yes, I have tried all sorts of different flavors of SMDR, TSA500,
TSANDS ... all with this same story.  You can reach me at the top of the
Port Mann bridge ... I'm gonna jump, this time I really mean it! (ok ...
I'm only kidding but I COULD change my mind)

01/25/2001 07:05:52 ANS1874E Login denied to NetWare Target Service
Agent 'JOHNNY'.
01/25/2001 07:05:52 ANS1874E Login denied to NetWare Target Service
Agent 'JOHNNY'.
01/25/2001 07:06:00 ANS1880E TSA Connect error,
         NWSMConnectToTargetService 'JOHNNY'
         password file
'JOHNNY\SYS:TIVOLI/TSM/CLIENT/68f5fb04.PWD'.
         Userid = '.xxxxxxxx.yyyy'
         failed with cc = FFFDFFD7