ADSM-L

Can Mac clients restore ?????

2001-01-25 09:49:23
Subject: Can Mac clients restore ?????
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:51:10 +0100
Hello,

since almost 2 months I have an open problem (#37565): Some of our Mac
clients (MacOS 9) have upgraded to TSM 3.7 and later to TSM 4.1 and are
unable to restore (under both versions). Some few files are restored,
but then the session dies, showing

DTcpipInterface::ciReadAvailable: UnKnown Error Code : rc = 268435556

in the error log. The server is TSM 4.1.1 on AIX 4.3.

This looks similar to APAR IC27847, except that it affects ALL backups
(including new ones), not only backups made by ADSM 3.1.

Besides the long time this problem is open now, what surprises me is
that I cannot remember having seen any postings in this regard here.
I am wondering, whether there are _ANY_ 3.7 or 4.1 Macintosh clients
out there, which can successfully restore more than a few files.
And if so, what is the environment?

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet